What do you think happens to your body when you sit at your desk for over 9 hours and don’t move around much? Ever thought of it?
We spend our entire day planted in front of our desks, with perhaps a lunch break and a few coffee/bathroom breaks in between.
As a result, some of us experience frequent neck pain, others end up with severe back pain along with a low level of flexibility, and so on. This reminds us of our inactivity.
Since going to the gym is not an option here, we have come up with 5 simple yet effective office workouts, you can successfully do every day, at the comfort of your office.
Here are 5 office workout tips to release tension and get those muscles working!
Backstretch is one of the easiest exercises that you can do by sitting at your desk.
- Sit on a chair and raise your hands above your head
- Now interlock your hands and stretch
- Move both your arms side to side while they are raised with fingers interlocked.
With this office workouts, stretch out like a cat and relax your muscles!
Leg kicks are one of the most fun office workouts that you can do to work your legs and butt muscles.
- Stand with your feet together with the support of a chair.
- Now, swing one of the legs from side to side, do this for 2-3 mins and repeat on the other leg
- You can also do the same exercise by swinging your leg back and forth, which will make it “donkey kicks”.
Do this for 2-3 mins, repeat on the other leg.and get some blood flowing in your lower limbs!
Ever felt a sore neck while working? Well, here are a few neck stretches that will help you release the neck soreness and the tension from your neck muscles.
- Sit up with your back straight.
- Now slowly rotate your neck in clockwise directions for 2 mins, repeat the same by rotating your neck in an anti-clockwise direction.
By doing this exercise you will do a favor to your neck, which takes most of the brunt from a stressful day.
Does your job require you to type a lot on a computer and your hands feel stiff? Worry no more!
Here are few stretches to release those tensions between those wrists.
- Sit up with your back straight and extend your hands in front of you.
- Now, rotate your hands clockwise for 2 mins and repeat the same anti-clockwise
Do this office workout frequently to increase the flexibility of your wrists.
Ever wanted to work your shoulders, chest, and arms all at once while at the office? Here’s the perfect office workout to work all the 3 major muscle groups of your body.
- Stand straight in front of the wall, extend and place your hands on the wall.
- Now slowly put your body weight against the wall and slowly try to push without using your legs/hips.
Do this for 2 mins and work all the 3 major muscle groups of your body.