In this bustling life, one of the most difficult tasks is to take care of your senior health at home by following a list of responsibilities. As your seniors are aged, they may require special attention and care, which cannot be skipped. At this point, the additional help will come into existence. If you are looking out for an additional help, confusion about caregivers is common. So, it is very imperative to know the difference. There are two distinct types of care one is home care and other is medical care. Both types of care will not fulfill the same duties and services.
Here is a piece of content which helps you to understand what each caregiver does. The key difference is that medical care is a kind of clinical care which only involves in medication. And the home care is a kind of health care that involves both clinical and non-clinical care.
Medical care is a kind of clinical care offered by a registered nurse or professional therapist. This care is usually prescribed by a doctor as a part of treatment for illness. The main job of this medical care is to deal with the disease and its cure. In this medical care, the actual individual goes live with the facility dedicated to their health condition and well being.
This care is provided in a nursing home or hospital with around the clock care service from assistants and nurses. This is a very nice option for someone who cannot take care of themselves at all. Because in this case, the victim lives in a place with all the facilities than having someone set up to them. Generally, in this case, the professionals perform the tasks which only prescribed by doctors.
Services offered by Medical care:
- 24*7 care
- Recording patient’s behavior and health
- Medical directions
- Monitoring symptoms
- Changing dresses, saline, bandage and many others
- Managing medication and Injections
- Helping with treatment
- Medical tests
- Wound care
When to choose medical care:
- The medical care chose when the senior patient has rehabilitation with a stay of a skilled nursing facility.
- When a patient has medication change, in order to monitor side the side effects and examine the difference
- Medical care requires when the patient is not responding to the treatment. In order to help them by applying new therapy or skills medical care requires.
Advantages of medical care:
- 24* 7 service with care
- Managed or affiliated with the government
- Licensed and skilled professionals
- The pay clears with insurance or Medicare
Disadvantages of medical care:
- Higher costs
- No privacy/independence
- Keeps away from family and beloved ones
Home care service which is also called as in-home care is another health care service for your senior treatment at home. In this kind of home care nursing, the assistant and caregivers come to the home for aiding your beloved ones. This home care lets the seniors take a treatment in their own comfort and familiar place with attention. Home care service also helps your seniors in daily living activities, friendly companionship, and medical verification.
Services offered by home care:
- Nursing care
- 24/7 attendance
- Supply of medical equipment
- Health education and advisory
- Pain management
- Complete diagnostic services
- Medical directions from qualified doctors
- Reminders to take medication
- Light housework
- Transportation to appointments
- Helping in dressing
- Joining in recreational activities such as games, reading books and conversation
- Regular exercise and healthy diet
When to choose home care:
- Patient needs companionship
- Patient requires attention in the home
- Need assistance with medical procedures and day to day activities
- When do not drive, and need treatment
Advantages of home care:
- Less cost
- Offers utmost privacy
- Treatment in the familiar environment
- Can have 24*7 service with care
- Allows to schedule a convenient time
Disadvantages of home care:
- No pay coverage with medical-assist or insurance
- Not government-affiliated, run by a private organization
Being as a health care aggregator, we at iRelief services Pvt. Ltd offering medical services for your beloved seniors. Our services ranging from Ambulance, Blood bank, home care and pharmacy. Our home care includes wellness coach or health education, Tertiary care services, online medical directions, complete diagnostics, doctor visits, nurse, physiotherapist at home, 24/7 attendance, supply of medical equipment and healthcare awareness programs.
Contact iRelief services and cherish every moment you get to spend with your beloved ones.