If you are pregnant, you might be knowing some basic tips about taking care of your baby. But it is very much imperative to take care of yourself both physically and emotionally. Staying fit and happy will not only improves the baby development also increases the chances of getting a baby without any complications.
Usually, you will get advises from your friends, family members, coworkers and even from strangers about what to do and what not to do. However staying fit is solely depending on you, so it is vital to arm yourself with essential information. Here are some more tips to stay healthy during pregnancy.
Fitness starts with a healthy diet, it does not mean that you should go on a special diet. All you need to do is to intake rich food to balance the nutrients in a right way. For every woman, pregnancy is a very crucial time so all has to intake food which is rich in iron, calcium, zinc, selenium, protein, vitamin A, B, and C. These all nutrients are found in natural foods, green vegetables, and fruits.
Get regular prenatal care:
As soon as you think that you are pregnant, schedule an appointment with the best healthcare service provider. During that visit, you will undergo many tests to find out the complications. If you are healthy and risk-free, you will get good advice for a healthy pregnancy at the early stage.
iRelief is one of the best healthcare service provider that offers utmost services such as ambulance, blood bank, home care, healthcare, and pharmacy.
Aim to eat balanced food:
Pregnancy is the time to follow a balanced diet, intake of food that is rich in iron, protein, and folate helps in nourishing you and your baby. Drink plenty of water and take five meals in a day instead of three normal meals to keep your blood sugar level stable.
- Take five portions of high nutrient vegetables and fruits such as orange, broccoli, grape fruits, tomatoes, sprouts and many others.
- During pregnancy, the main energy comes from the carbohydrates, so prefer whole grain and enriched products such as pasta, bread, rice, cereal, and grains.
- To keep up the energy levels, you need plenty of protein during pregnancy. So, intake foods such as fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, beans, poultry and some dairy products.
In the first six months of your pregnancy, you no need of extra calories. You may require extra 200 calories in the last three months.
Take prenatal supplements:
Intake of prenatal supplements that contain folic acid and iron reduces the risk of developing a baby. It is very much imperative to take 400 micrograms of folic acid before and during pregnancy.
Also, you should take care of iron level during pregnancy.
If you don’t prefer eating fish, choose supplements made from the body of fish as it really helps.
Regular exercise during pregnancy will help in many aspects such as
- Helps to maintain the weight gain during pregnancy
- Prevent or ease the pains and aches
- Aids to reduce back pains and swelling
- Supports to handle physical stress
- Helps to boost the level of serotonin, that helps to be active
- Improves sleep
- Lowers recovery time after delivery
One can also perform yoga and meditation for greater relaxation. Avoid sports and activities that give pressure on the abdomen.
Just say “No” to few things:
During pregnancy, you have to avoid few things to lessen the health risks of your baby.
- Cut out alcohol as when you drink it directly reaches to your baby and can lead to miscarriage.
- Cut back on caffeine as it can increase the risk of miscarriage and lead to low birth weight baby.
- Don’t take recreational drugs and nicotine, it can lead to miscarriage or premature birth
- Avoid taking fruits like papaya, pineapple, and black grapes
Relax as much you can:
In the first three months, you will feel fatigue due to the high level of pregnancy hormones circulating in the body. It means your body is telling you to slow down. So, listen to it and take rest as much as you can. If you can’t take a nap during the daytime, put your body in relax mode and read some magazine.
Involve in some relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, stretching and massage to combat stress and peaceful night.
Avoid harmful hazards:
Keep in mind that some chemicals, cleaning agents like acid, heavy metals, pesticides, solvents and bleaching powder may affect you and your developing baby. If you are working in those products manufacturing companies, it is better to quit the job as it is very harmful. Take a doctor suggestion and even avoid using in your home.
Keep a hold on your emotions:
During pregnancy, many women feel little emotional and anxiety at one time. It is better to be free as the swing in your mood may lead to depression.
If you have a continuous anxious at one instance, share your feelings with caretakers or your family members to be free.
Keep in mind that your emotions also put your baby health in risk.
If you feel some discomfort or chest pain, talk to your doctor and take medication.