Anyone who’s gotten their wisdom teeth knows how terrible the pain is. Usually, people suggest reaching dentist immediately is essential to get relieved from wisdom tooth pain. While this is the best idea, but it is not possible always, as in this bustling life people will be busy with their jobs and families, making doctor appointment aside. Sometimes even taking an appointment with the dentist is a hectic job with busy schedules. If you are the one who is experiencing an unbearable soreness and swelling with the wisdom tooth. Here are some natural home remedies to get relieved from wisdom tooth pain. The pain starts suddenly and develops gradually without warning.
Wisdom tooth causes and symptoms:
Wisdom teeth or third molars start growing in between the ages of 17- 25 or even later. It comes up suddenly erupting overnight without warning. On the other hand, it emerges slowly and gradually with little pain.
The foremost step to perform once you experience wisdom tooth pain is to take necessary action to get relieved from pain. Or else, it led to an infection around the teeth. Wrong positioning, not enough space and the partial emergence of teeth are a few reasons for wisdom tooth pain.
Pain, swelling, irritation, bad breath, headache, difficulty in chewing and biting are some of the symptoms of wisdom teeth. In some cases, it has to be pulled out to get relive or else you may try these home remedies to get rid of wisdom tooth pain.
Home remedies to get relieved from wisdom tooth pain
Warm salt water rinse:
Rinsing your mouth with warm salt water is one of the most effective and easiest ways to get relieved from wisdom tooth pain.
Add a few tablespoons of salt to a glass of lukewarm water and rinse your mouth for a few minutes. Repeat several times a day till you find noticeable relief.
Apply Ice pack:
If you are experiencing wisdom tooth pain with swelling, apply an ice pack.
Take a commercial ice pack or put some ice cubes in a plastic baggie or warp in turkey towel and apply it on the side of your jaw where the ache exists. This not only gives relief from pain also help the inflammation go down.
This remedy may sound strange, but if you can stand the taste of onions it is one of the most reliable remedies for wisdom tooth pain. Onions have antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties.
- Simply cut an onion into slices and place it on the jaw where the tooth hurts
- Chew some small pieces of onion and extract the juice.
Use these remedies several times a day to get relief from pain.
If you are experiencing a severe wisdom tooth pain, Guava leaves will be your best buddy. Guava leaves are rich in anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antimicrobial and analgesic properties.
- Chew 1-2 guava leaves slowly till it release their juice in the mouth.
- Take 5-7 leaves and boil them with a cup of water about 5 minutes. Strain the water and let it cool down. Use it as a mouthwash to get rid of the pain.
Take a few drops of cinnamon oil and massage on the spot of pain. First, it tingles but it alleviates the pain easily.
Ginger has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties that help to get rid wisdom tooth pain.
- Take a slice of ginger root and hold it against aching tooth
- Chew a piece of ginger till it releases juice. It soothes the pain effectively.
Baking soda is an effective home remedy to get relief from wisdom tooth pain and swelling. This is easy to make and use.
- Take some toothpaste and add some baking soda to make a paste. Apply it directly on affected tooth to alleviate pain.
Clove is one of the oldest remedies for wisdom tooth pain. You can also use clove oil instead of cloves.
- Simply take few cloves and place it on your painful tooth.
- Take a few drops of clove oil and massage it directly or on surrounding gums.
Pour some vinegar in your mouth and rinse it for a few minutes. It works as a mouthwash.
Wheatgrass work as a powerful home remedy for wisdom tooth pain.
- Use wheatgrass juice as a mouthwash
- Simply swish an ounce of juice in your mouth for a couple of minutes