For blood donation, you might be having many reasons. Maybe your beloved one needs a transfusion or you may want to help the one who needs a blood donor in Bangalore. Whatever the reason, blood donation is an imperative task to perform. But, a successful donation is not only donating a number of units to the blood banks, it also depends on your health. After and before blood donation you tend to look forward for a second donation.
For you the blood donation seems to be a simple task like arriving on time, filling forms, screening and donating. Hardly, it will take 1 hour time to finish the whole process. However, there are a few recommendations to follow before, after and during your blood donation for making your donation safe, comfortable and pleasant as possible.
If you would like to help the one who needs a blood donor in Bangalore, suggest them to contact iRelief blood bank services. because iRelief blood bank services help to locate the blood bank in minutes’ time and it also offers many other services.
Before your blood donation:
- Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet by eating iron rich foods for two weeks before your appointments such as watermelon, rice flakes, red meat, fish, poultry, spinach, beans, green leafy vegetables, dark chocolate, iron fortified cereals, and raisins.
- Include foods which are rich in Vitamin C in your diet for increasing iron absorption. It contains in fruits such as citrus fruit, amla, and many others.
- Avoid having fatty foods like ice creams, burgers, sweets and French fries before donating. Because it creates an excessive fat in your blood which will be difficult to find out the infectious diseases you have.
- Take a good sleep at night. You should sleep at least 7 to 9 hours before blood donation. This helps you to reduce the risk of feeling giddiness and fatigue.
- Drink plenty of water and other nutritious liquids in the night and morning before donation to get dehydrated. Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water. Meantime, avoid taking alcohol and quit smoking.
- If you are eligible to donate blood eat a healthy meal before donation. Don’t skip breakfast before arriving at the blood bank.
- You must be free from of ibuprofen for two days (24 hours) and aspirin for three days (72 hours) before donation if you are a platelet donor.
- Eat foods rich in folic acid or folacin, vitamin B6 and Vitamin B2 as it produces new red blood cells and this helps to replace blood cells. Foods that are rich in folic acid are dried beans, leafy vegetable, liver, orange juice fortified bread and many others.
- Avoid medication before donating blood as it may cause illness.
- Don’t forget to bring a list of medications you are taking and your donor card, driving license and other identity proofs.
During your blood donation:
- While donating blood, you need to roll up your sleeve past your elbow to offer an easy access to the veins. So, wear clothing with loose sleeves to be comfortable.
- Relax and calm down yourself by reminding some cherishable moments or beloved one. This helps for easy and safe donation.
- Or else do some little exercise to make your body muscle active. Don’t forget to breathe after performing the exercise.
- If you have a preferred arm with good veins, let the person taking the blood know about it.
- Don’t be hurry in answering questions during the screening, take your own time and be honest.
- Remember that the questions asked during screening are made for the recipient and your safety. Your blood will be tested thoroughly for diseases.
- Don’t be too anxious during blood donation. Relax by listening to music, talking to other donors or reading books. The lounge chair in the blood banks is specially designed to relax the donor during donation.
- If you feel fatigued or dizzy, speak up and intimate immediately don’t lie on the bed simply.
- After donating blood, enjoy an assortment of refreshments in the canteen immediately.
After your blood donation:
- Once you complete your donation, don’t get up suddenly and open the eyes. First, sit up and count till 10 so that you will feel great.
- If you feel a bit light weighted, do not walk. Sit in a comfortable place and tell someone right away.
- Better rest for 20-30 minutes to make sure that you are in good condition to reach home.
- Drink at least four glasses of water or other liquids and take some light snack before you leave the blood bank
- Avoid taking alcohol for the next two days
- Don’t involve in heavy lifting, workouts and running for the rest of the day. This could cause the vein to reopen.
- Don’t remove the strip bandage, keep it for at least for next 2 hours.
- If it starts bleeding at the needle site, apply pressure to stop it and raise your arm for 10 minutes.
- To avoid rashes on skin, clean the needle are with the soap and water
- If you experience lightheadedness or dizziness, avoid driving. Stop the vehicle and stop someone to pick as it may lead to faint.
- Prefer eating high protein food after donation
- If you feel uneasy at any time, contact 7847840000 for immediate assistance
- Donate blood regularly and help the one who needs a blood donor in Bangalore.
- Regular blood donation will not only allow you to help three lives also help to save you from chronic conditions.
- Share your experience with others and let people involve in a blood donation.
iRelief blood bank service is one of the impressive services offered by iRelief services Pvt. Ltd. The other services include ambulance services, emergency services, medical services and home care services.